Gay Atlanta Attorney
Atlanta Attorney for Gay & Lesbian Legal Issues
Gay Atlanta Attorney Jeffery Cleghorn has made it a mission in his legal career to support the rights and defend the issues unique to the LGBT community. From his stance on ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ and DOMA to local issues that affect Atlanta LGBT couples and individuals, Mr. Cleghorn’s support and passion for LGBT-related topics have been widely acknowledged. In 2011 the Atlanta Chapter of the Human Rights Campaign recognized Mr. Cleghorn’s efforts by awarding him the Dan Bradley Humanitarian Award, awarded yearly to an individual or organization that demonstrates a tradition of service and activism to the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.
Attorney Cleghorn’s advocacy for Atlanta’s gay & lesbian community coupled with his career in Litigation and Family Law makes him well suited to resolve issues affecting gay and lesbian individuals. From Domestic Partnership Agreements to Adoptions, Child Custody Disputes to Gay Divorces, Attorney Cleghorn offers the knowledge and perspective that only someone with his background and experience can provide.
Gay & Lesbian Law Firm in Atlanta, Georgia
As a law firm comprised of gay, lesbian and straight attorneys who are thoroughly committed to Atlanta’s gay community, Kitchens New Cleghorn, LLC is uniquely knowledgeable of Georgia LGBT legal issues. Having spent years working in the field, we understand that gay individuals and couples have special legal needs. We routinely provide services in several areas of LGBT family law, including:
- Domestic Partnership Agreements: Our firm expertly drafts the necessary legal paperwork to create binding Georgia Domestic Partnerships. We will consult with you and your partner, draft your agreement according to your wishes, and help protect your rights as a couple.
- Adoptions: Our law firm assists same-sex couples, as well as single individuals, step-parents, and alternative family units, with legal guidance throughout the adoption process in Georgia. We have successfully helped countless LGBT individuals and couples adopt in Georgia.
- Surrogacy and Assisted Reproduction: There are important legal aspects of Georgia surrogacy and assisted reproduction law that require an experienced attorney to successfully navigate the system. We have the experience and knowledge that you need.
- Domestic Partnership Dissolutions: When one or both partners in a Georgia domestic partnership decide to separate, it’s important to have a trusted legal advisor on your side to ensure that your interests are protected. We routinely work with same-sex divorcing couples in Georgia and can help you throughout this difficult process.
- Child Custody Disputes: We help our clients resolve custody disputes to protect the best interests of their children. We also provide legal services for child support issues. All too often in Georgia, gay parents are not treated fairly in the court system, and we strongly recommend that you work with a law firm experienced in these matters to best protect your interests.
- Transgender Legal Issues: We assist transgender individuals in navigating every aspect of Georgia law, including name changes and other legal documentation.
- Wills, Trusts, and Estate Planning: Our firm guides clients through the process of establishing legal wills, trusts, and other aspects of estate planning. We help ensure that a client’s wishes are followed in terms of how assets are to be divided. We are especially sensitive to the needs of LGBT individuals who are estranged from family members, in which case creating a will and other vital documentation is essential.
- Powers of Attorney: Our attorneys can help you establish Powers of Attorney documentation that ensures that your partner, or individual of choice, will be able to make decisions on your behalf if you become sick or incapacitated.
- General Litigation: Our firm handles a variety of other legal issues and practice areas, including general litigation and dispute resolution. We enjoy serving the needs of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender individuals and couples throughout Atlanta, GA.
Gay & Lesbian Law Firm in Atlanta, Georgia
The team at Kitchens New Cleghorn, LLC invites you to contact us regarding your legal concerns and schedule a free consultation. We will take the time to understand you and your case and work towards the best possible outcome. Our gay Atlanta attorneys are proud to work with the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community throughout Georgia, and we maintain offices in Atlanta, Athens, Alpharetta, Decatur, Lawrenceville, and Marietta. We look forward to helping you with your legal needs.
Georgia Attorneys for Gay & Lesbian Individuals
Ready to start the process? Simply fill out the form on this page, call, or email us for a free consultation with our knowledgeable and top-rated gay lawyers in Atlanta.
Phone: (404) 239-3932