LGBT Community Involvement
Top Law Firm Committed to Georgia’s Gay & Lesbian Community
At Kitchens New Cleghorn, LLC, our attorneys endeavor to raise public awareness of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender issues through demonstrated involvement in the Atlanta gay community and beyond. Below is a summary of only a few of our numerous areas of involvement.
Jeff Cleghorn, Esquire
A native of Griffin Georgia, Jeff Cleghorn has been an active advocate for Atlanta gay rights through a variety of efforts, including legal representation, political lobbying, military and academic discourse and media appearances. His accomplishments include, but are not limited to:
- Recipient of the 2011 HRC Dan Bradley Humanitarian Award
- Honored by Fenuxe Magazine as one of the 50 most prominent and influential member’s of Atlanta’s LGBT community in 2010 and 2011
- Former Board member of the Servicemembers Legal Defense Network (“SLDN”).
- Former Board member of Georgia Equality and AID Atlanta.
- Legal Counsel for the Atlanta Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce and Atlanta Pride.
- Has authored opinion pieces that support gay and lesbian equality for:
- The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
- The Army Times
- The Marine Corps Times
- The Navy Times
- The Air Force Times
- Appeared on national and local television and radio outlets nationwide to discuss various LGBT issues, including CNN, MSNBC, and FOX New’s The O’Reilly Factor.
- Worked for six years in Washington, D.C. on the legal staff of SLDN, providing legal assistance to LGBT military personnel.
- Has spoken extensively about “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” (DADT) to military, veteran and academic audiences, including the United States Army War College, Harvard University, University of Virginia, Hofstra University, and the University of Florida.
- Was invited to and attended the Presidential signing of the act that repealed DADT in Washington, D.C.
Randy New, Esquire
As a Georgia native, Randy has contributed to the Atlantagay community through numerous LGBT rights and awareness organizations as both a leader and educator. His personal devotion to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender issues is reflected through such involvements in:
- Human Rights Campaign’s Federal Club.
- Former co-chair Board of Directors for Georgia Equality.
- Former member of Board of Directors for YouthPride.
Hosted numerous fundraisers for LGBT and HIV organizations at his home, including HRC, Victory Fund, SLDN, Georgia Equality, and Positive Impact.